Monday, September 12, 2011

Backstage :: Band of Outsiders S/S '12



I have been doing hair for fashion week for 5 seasons and while that's not an incredibly long time, and this season isn't over yet, I already know it's going to be my favorite. This season I have been lucky enough to work with two hairstylists that I've looked up to for a long time. I didn't imagine working under them at this point in my career. One of them is Didier Malige, who was the key hairstylist for Band of Outsiders this Saturday.

Band of Outsiders divides their women's collection into two categories, Boy and Girl. The models who wore Boy clothes had their hair up in a messy bun and the Girl models wore it down in loose waves. The loose waves were created with two "princess leia buns" on the models heads which we took down right before they went out on the runway. This is one of my favorite ways to curl hair and I always recommend it to my clients because it's so easy to do and works on everyone. Even those who think their hair is super fine and can't hold a curl, this works! You should try it!

images 1,2,3

1 comment:

LMT said...

very cool! Also, I'm totally going to try this technique.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...