Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Camping circa 1921



A few years ago I found a young girl’s scrapbook from the 1920s at a thrift store in San Diego. My mom thought it was a little ridiculous that I would buy such a thing but I fell in love with it! Above is a photo from that scrap book of "Marie Caldwell" going camping with her girl scout troop.

First of all, of course the first thing I notice is their adorable short hair, then check out their poses! I don't know what kind of camping you can do in skirts and knee highs but I think I'd like to join in.

3 comments:

Michael and Natalie said...

That photo is in incredible condition! Also, love the posts...Keep them coming :)

Rosemary said...

Wow, I have something similar from my grandma's camping trips when they were young. I wonder if any of those girls in the picture are still alive today.

rawi-warin resort & spa

Carl Bandry said...

I love these contemporary camping pictures. The fashion and clothing are just wonderful. As things change, there are still things that are similar over the years.
buck knife

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...