Friday, October 21, 2011

Perfectly Dirty Hair :: Part 1



A lot of hairstyles last longer and work best when your hair is just the right amount of "dirty". This "dirty" is a bit dry, gritty, and never heavy or greasy. It allows hair that "never holds a curl" to hold a curl through the night and maybe even the next day. If you think you have 5 hairs on your head, it makes those turn into 500 and if you have a lions mane on your head then it helps you smooth it to something more controllable that wont puff up the second you walk out the door.

This is basically everybody's dream product and the kind I pack my hair kit with for fashion shows or photo shoots which means I am always on the search for the best out there. There are a lot of different products that give this effect some do more thickening than others, some you can use on wet hair while others only on dry. I am going to do a series of posts on my favorites which I'm sure will constantly be growing. These aren't in any particular order, by the way.

First up: TIGI Bedhead Superstar Queen For a Day
(oh my goodness, can this please have a longer name?)

While I am not the biggest fan of TIGI's packaging I use some of their products quite often and this is one I recently fell in love with. It can be used on wet or dry hair and you have to blow dry it in with hands or a brush. The best way to use this is to spray it from roots through ends and blow dry it while running your fingers through it. Once you blow dry most of the product in, you can add a brush (if you want). You should start with a little bit, blow dry it in and add more as needed.

image 1

2 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Ohh I want to try this!

This is inappropriate, but my word verification is "pootpu."

Lauren! said...

Um I think the name actually is longer, you forgot the "Thickening Spray" part which rhymes with "Queen for a Day"

Yeah I've never used their products because of their packaging. Not that I am otherwise a product aficionado like you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...