Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How to Properly Shampoo Your Hair



You may be washing your hair wrong. A lot of people do, here are some tips on the right way to shampoo and condition your hair. These will help you save on shampoo & conditioner, and your hair will really thank you for it:

Shampooing

  • Only apply shampoo on your roots - you're only trying to wash your scalp
  • Unless you've been chain smoking or rolling around in mud, it's probably not necessary to massage the shampoo from mid-lengths to ends.
  • When you rinse your hair, the shampoo will clean your hair through the ends
  • It doesn't hurt to shampoo more than once if you're not washing your hair daily
Conditioning
  • Everyone needs conditioner. EVERYONE. But…
  • Only apply conditioner on your ends - you almost never need conditioner on your roots
  • Deep condition at least once a week - especially for color-treated hair
  • Rinse with cool water to seal your ends

p.s isn't the ad above amazing? Image via flickr

graphics designed by becca clason

7 comments:

Becca said...

I totally shampoo all of my hair. Oops. Will rectify.

Katie said...

Seriously! I had no idea I could be doing it wrong...

Julie said...

This is SO helpful. Not only do I shampoo it all, but I am also far too liberal with the the conditioner. Excited to try this new method!

Jane said...

I know you mentioned in a previous blog that most people don't need to wash their hair everyday...what is a good frequency?

rubi said...

Jane, It depends on your hair type but I think every other day is best.

Mangomo said...

This is super helpful. I'm always skimping on conditioning and then wonder why my hair frizzes up.
Thank you for sharing :)

Alyssa Bell said...

I've been using a deep conditioner from Aubrey lately, a few times a week. I found today that my hair was snapping really easily.. Is this because of the conditioner? I also switched over to a cheap conair dryer because my T3 shorted out. The conair dryer makes my hair smoother too, I assume because the heat is not nearly as intense.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...