Friday, December 16, 2011

Feather Hair Extensions


I'm so glad the feather hair extensions trend is dying down (I'm sorry to any fans out there). Just in case anyone was wondering though, it actually started almost 5 years ago back in Feb. 2007. Hairstylist Odile Gilbert started it all with Nina Ricci's F/W '07 collection. I remember ripping out the page of a magazine when I saw this because I thought it was so cool (along with a photo of Julien D'ys work for YSL F/W '07).



Aren't trends so fascinating? They remind me of this scene from The Devil Wears Prada:



images style.com

graphics designed by becca clason

4 comments:

communikate. said...

Hooray for that trend dying down. I hate seeing pink tacky feather's in little girls hair.

And I too think about the scene from Devil wears Prada often when I'm looking at fashion magazine. :)

Hillary said...

utah is so into trends like that. now everyone has melted/ombre hair since the feathers going out.

Michael and Natalie said...

I just watched this story about color melting hair in Utah and they were discussing how the trend started with Carrie in SATC and Rachel on Friends...Both of those shows went off the air in 2004! That's nearly 8 years. And all this time i just thought people were growing out their color...

K said...

I remember this collection too. I thought it was wickedly clever for Gilbert to use feathers. I thought it made the models look like they have wet mussed up hair. Unfortunately I'm still seeing little girls wear feather extensions in their hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...