Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Hair Goals


image by NYPL via the clothes horse

I only cut my hair 3 times last year because my New Year's Resolution was to grow out my hair to mermaid length - have you noticed that all mermaids have super long hair? My hair is almost the length I want it at and even though I keep being tempted by photos of my pixie from three years back, I'm sticking to the plan and won't be cutting it this year either.

Along with that hair goal, I also plan on styling my hair like each of the girls in the photo above and then having a snow ball fight with my beautiful friends.

Do you have any New Year's "Hairsolutions"? I come up with really bad hair puns for this blog on a daily basis and this was one of them. I promise I won't post them anymore but you should have seen the list of possible blog names before this blog was born! It was terrible!

graphics designed by becca clason

7 comments:

Leah Susanna said...

Hi, I found your website through honeykennedy.com! Very compelling content, however, I'm super irritated by the way every time I go to click on "older posts" (or even just the header to go back to the first page), a new tab opens up. I think maybe your theme needs some tweaking!

rubi said...

Hi Leah,

Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now!

-Rubi

archivesvintage said...

please DO do your hair like these adorable ladies from the 40s and share with us! i'm always looking for fun vintage styles to try out! :)

Lindsey said...

Hi! I'm Kristen Wade's friend. I love your blog. It's so great! Keep it up!

Mara Kofoed said...

My goal is to fly to Paris so I can get a haircut by Rubi :)

mayte michelle. said...

my hairsolution is to grow my hair mermaid length and to learn how to love its curliness .

Lindi B said...

Thanks to your wonderful hair advice, my hair is now in a short bob-like style with bangs that I am absolutely in love with! Since I have had long hair for the past 4 or so years, I was in the habit of having it cut/trimmed only 2-3 times a year. To maintain my cute new do, my "hairsolution" is to make myself visit the salon for a trim on a regular basis!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...