Thursday, January 26, 2012

She Lets Her Hair Down Workshop Recap



The She Lets Her Hair Down workshop was certainly a labor of love! It was so much work and so many wonderful people attended and helped out with it all - I couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out.

Almost none of the work that I do is in a salon and I felt it was important to show the students how to style hair outside of a salon setting. The yoga room in the Silver Mountain Sports Club and Spa in Park City was perfect - and the view of the mountains wasn't bad either!






The students all received a tote bag designed by the ever-so-talented illustrator Ashley Seil Smith (who also designed my blog header). Another friend of mine burned the design onto a screen and I had a little sweat shop with my family over the Holidays where we screen printed each tote. It was actually a lot of fun! The bags were filled with hair products from SACHAJUAN including my favorite salt water spray Ocean Mist as well as printed materials designed by Becca Clason and Ashley Seil Smith.







I feel the most in my element when I am styling hair and I loved teaching and working with amazing hairstylists who are also passionate about their craft. It's really great knowing that we are all doing what we love and making people feel beautiful everyday. So cheesy but true.

5 comments:

Katie said...

So awesome!

E.M. Halliburton said...

I want that big hair!!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

I love it! I have totally done yoga in that yoga studio in PC :).

Nadia said...

Can I be your model next time?

MaKenna said...

I hope that you have another workshop! I would love to attend one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...