Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cut It? :: Nope, Color It.


A reader recently emailed me asking about what she should do with her hair. She has a haircut that is very similar to the one below, except for longer bangs kind of like these. She has light brown hair with grown-out blonde highlights that look just the right amount of "rooty," kind of like Michelle Phillips' color. She wanted to do something different, either get another haircut (although she kind of liked it at the moment) or do something drastic with her color. She used the term RAD (love that) and sent me references of some magenta-colored hair she liked.


I told her to keep her haircut (I love it too) and keep her grown-out highlights BUT to add this shade of pink to her blonde pieces. I personally think this salmon shade of pink beats out magenta any day. Isn't it amazing? Plus her hair and skin tone seemed to be asking for it anyways. I'm so excited for her to do it, especially because she has kids, which means she's going to be the coolest mom at play group next week. ;)


images 1, 2
 graphics designed by Becca Clason
 

5 comments:

Nadia said...

Like :)

LMT said...

haha. I LOVE this post! and I really like the salmon color.

kesh and tim's house on a hill said...

salmon is the best - love those images too!

yours truly dear said...

awesome :) also, how do you feel about purple hair?? i've done the hair extension thing but i want something a little more permanent ;)

prairie blues said...

Hi! love the blog :) would you be able to give me some much needed advice!? je l'ai vraiment besoin! i just had my hair done (and low and behold) the hair dresser swerved me away from what i really wanted done! im a brunette and wanted to go blonde, and chop all of my long her off into a cool bob or something but im not sure if i like what she's done, but i dont know what else i can do to it! merci

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...