Friday, March 9, 2012

Inspiration :: NY Public Llibrary Archives



As many of you may already know, I am heavily influenced by the past. Sometimes when I'm not in the mood for pinterest or blogs, I just look through the New York Public Library's photo archives on flickr. This is actually part of how my husband and I were inspired to make our accessories line, STNTN.

This time around I came across a photo set of schools in the 1920's and 30's. These two images especially caught my eye, but the entire set is really great. I'm not sure what those spots are on the top photo but they make it almost seem magical! I also love that all the kids in the bottom photo have hair that was probably styled perfectly that morning but is slightly messy now because, well, they're kids.

images 1, 2
  graphics designed by becca clason

1 comment:

LMT said...

I love your "children style" posts. This is one of my favorite eras and having kids it makes me what to dress them like this. Such rad archival finds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...