Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jojoba Oil



I know argan oil has been all the rage for the past 5 years or so, and I'm a huge fan myself, but have you ever used jojoba oil for your hair and skin? Similar to argan oil (aka moroccan oil), it's really lightweight so while it is very moisturizing, it also isn't heavy at all and a little can go a long way. Jojoba oil apparently replicates your skin’s natural oils which explains why it can be so great for your skin and hair since it is most similar to it's natural properties. I have friends who swear by it for treating acne or scars as well. The great thing is that you can find it just about anywhere, and since you only need a few drops of it for your skin and hair, you don't need to buy huge amounts of it.

I alternate between using argan oil and jojoba oil on my ends every day (you know, to keep things interesting ;). It's the first thing I apply to my hair after I wash it and I also apply it before blow drying it to protect my ends from the heat. Plus it smells so good when it's blow dried into the hair!

image 1, 2

4 comments:

Kim said...

I recently starting using jojoba oil too! I was running low on Moroccan oil and decided to go for pure jojoba oil instead of using silicones.

I also mix it in with my facial moisturizer and it really helped me with getting rid of dry patches and calming down my occasional breakout.

amy w - over and under said...

I've not tried jojoba yet but I'm a big fan of almond oil as a make up remover, nd every week or so I leave it in my hair overnight. Must try jojoba next :)

k. said...

I'm a huge fan or jojoba oil! I've been using it for years on my skin (face and body) and hair. Even convinced my husband to start using and he loves it as a moisturizer, because it just disappears into your skin. No oily, greasy, heavy feel at all!

BTW, I love your blog! Do you ever feature cuts/ideas for african-american women with natural hair? I have un-straightened hair (curly, coily) and am growing it out right now, but am always looking for beautiful ideas!

rubi said...

k,

If you search "curly" on the blog you can see my posts on on ideas for naturally curly hair. Below is a tutorial for enhancing your natural curls that is great for african-american hair.

http://www.sheletsherhairdown.com/2012/03/tutorial-enhance-your-curls-with.html

-rubi

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...