Friday, November 23, 2012

Cut It :: Bangs and Layers

You must LOVE bangs if you want this haircut and if you do then you should totally take this photo to your next hair appointment and ask your stylist for this look. It would work best on fine hair that is straight or slightly wavy but there are always exceptions to everything so if you love it, go for it anyways!

If you want to have this cut then ask your hairstylist for layers that start below your chin. Having shorter layers along with the blunt bangs might look like there is too much going on. These bangs have this perfectly imperfect "I cut them myself" look which I love and can be done a few different ways (I wouldn't suggest doing them yourself though). Your hairstylist might use thinning shears to cut them but it really depends on what is best suited for your specific hair. Most importantly though, you should make sure you ask for bangs that go from one end of your hairline all the way to the other without rounding them off on the sides. Don't be afraid to go short with the bangs either, your hairstylist will cut them so they look perfect on your face.

Hannah Holman by Tyrone Lebon for The New York Times Style Magazine (Winter 2012)
graphics designed by Becca Clason for She Lets Her Hair Down

3 comments:

E.M. Halliburton said...

I've been courting the short bangs thing for a little while now, but I'm not sure it will work with my hair, which is actually pretty much the same as yours, as far as I can tell. Thoughts?

ps.loveyourblogomg

kesh and tim's house on a hill said...

doing this.

Elin Àrmannsdòttir said...

Oh I love this kind of fringe !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...