Here's what you need:
- Strong bobbi pins
- Star bobbi pins (optional)
1. Loosely gather your hair going away from your face as if to create a low ponytail. Instead of putting your hair in a ponytail though, you're going to pin a line of bobbi pins at the back of your head where your low ponytail would have been.
2. Grab the ends of your "ponytail" and roll them up until you reach the pins.
3. Hold the roll in place with one hand and add bobbi pins starting at one end of the roll and working your way over to the other end. It helps to put one on the inside of the roll.
4. Once it feels secure, lightly hair spray it into place and add some star bobbi pins at the top of the chignon. Here's the quick DIY on how to make these star bobbi pins.
p.s. do you like my nails? Kim did them.
photographer David McDonald for She Lets Her Hair Down