Monday, March 11, 2013

Frenchie Hair


I’m pretty sure that when I was in middle school I watched the movie Grease at least once a week. I’m probably exaggerating, but it felt like it and I knew all the lines by heart (which shocked me when I grew older and realized what a lot of the songs were talking about). Frenchie and Rizzo have always been my favorite characters in the movie – I loved their hair, makeup and outfits (oh and those dance routines)!

If you want to get that vintage copper hair color Frenchie has in the photo above this color rinse is a great (and temporary) way to get it. It's the same stuff your grandma probably uses to keep her color bright. Use this color if you have red or strawberry blonde hair.

You apply it to washed, conditioned, and towel-dried hair and then style it as you normally would (don't rinse it out). Some people apply it by adding a bit to argan oil and distributing through their hair that way. Either way, there's something nostalgic about the whole idea of using a rinse that I love. It's a great way to enhance your color without damaging it or committing to something too permanent because it shampoos out in one wash.

2 comments:

Unlock Paris said...

Love it and will be getting me some fancy-full blue rinse soon to be a full on granny!

kim said...

I used Fanci-full rinse all through high school! Must try again soon....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...