Monday, April 1, 2013

Blue Hair


I needed to change my hair last month. It happened overnight and it needed to be something drastic. Does that ever happen to you? I loved my old hair but I felt like if I didn't change it drastically and soon, then I may have the same hairstyle for the rest of my life. Dramatic, I know.

I asked my old boss and color genius Larry Raspanti from Whittemore House Salon if he could squeeze me in during NY fashion week. I went into the salon for a consultation and told Larry I trusted him with my hair's life. Then I came back a few days later for a good-old bleaching session. Hours later and after catching up with all my old co-workers and reading every magazine in the salon, I pranced out of there with blue hair. Yay!

10 comments:

Kacey said...

LOVE this. I recently went pink for no apparent reason and love it, too. Your blue is beautiful.

Carolynn Markey said...

wow, beautiful!!! how daring!

Serena said...

I fell in love with this color and your hair over Instagram. It's working as a bit of a catalyst for wanting to change up my own hair.

Cheer up, Old Bean! said...

love it!! I know exactly what you mean! I've had various shades of blonde for over 10 years now and I suddenly got the urge to color my ombre blonde pastel pink. So I did! It was time for a change! I didn't want to cut it, so the color was the only way to go!

duybinh lai said...

many hair salons can do this hairstyle and this hairstyle make you look like a mermaid

Meg G. said...

I DIG IT! Spontaneity is so wonderful.

Zombie Lace said...

Omg this is amazing!! Your beautiful blog is the reason I have long hair but I also have been feeling uninspired and craving a change. I actually have a box of blue splat hair dye in my cabinet because I impulsively decided I would dye my tips blue but haven't taken the plunge... Now I'm hesitating to try to do it myself seeing you did yours at a salon! Any thoughts on at-home dye jobs??

Bethany Grow said...

I love this! This is so how I felt when I came to you for my pixie cut! Sometimes we just need to do something risky to avoid getting stuck in a boring rut.

Tiffany said...

It's really cool Rubi. I like!

Lau Ra said...

I think it comes with spring. I had this need too, so I dyed my hair ombre. Here. http://laurart-tea-session.blogspot.sk/2013/04/and-here-it-is.html :) Later i´d like to try some blue stuff too.. You look great now!
.Life on the tree.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...