Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Inspiration :: Matisse and Lorette

Prior to enrolling in hair school, I did a semester abroad in Paris with my university. I spent hours studying art inside the Louvre every week which sparked my love for art history. Lately I've been obsessing over Matisse and the women he painted. My two favorites are probably his daughter, Marguerite, and Lorette, an Italian actress who sat for Matisse for about a year. He apparently painted her over 50 times in that year. Isn't she stunning? I think my favorite is the painting with her hair tucked into the white turban. You can read more about his muses here.

Lorette with Long Locks
Lorette in a White Turban
Head of Lorette with Curls

4 comments:

Carolynn Markey said...

Lorette is such a pretty name!

Marci Joy said...

Love this post.

Cindy said...

best semester ever.

jendar said...

i loved my semester abroad in paris. I would do it all over again if I could.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...