Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Those Curls


A lot of my friends have been getting pregnant and having kids lately. Are yours too? It's always a guessing game what their hair will be like when they grow up. My hair was straight until I hit puberty and I have friends who had ringlets as babies and now have stick-straight hair. Most women lose a lot of hair 4-8 months after giving birth and some women's hair turns curly or straight after having babies.

I read somewhere that all the cells in our bodies regenerate themselves every 7 years. Hormones and health play a big part in hair texture, but one can assume our hair texture will also change every 7 years. For most it's not drastic but I do think it's true. Have you noticed that?

image via

4 comments:

anniefargo said...

My hair was curly as a baby and straight all through elementary school. It went back to curly in junior high and has been ever since! No kids yet, though, so who knows what's next?

Zombie Lace said...

So interesting. Hair is crazy when you think about it!! Mine has definitely pulled some switcheroos on me and 7 year increments sounds about right! I think I'm due for a texture change soon, hope it's a good one :)

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

That's the boy version of me as a kid! I had very curly hair as a small child, then it went sort of awful wavy straightish and once I hit puberty my curls returned and are still there. I'm terrified of losing them if I get pregnant or get gray hair...

casey ann said...

I'm not sure if it's the 7-year thing, or too much tea tree oil last year, but my hair's texture has completely changed!! ..takes SO much more upkeep, brushing out, untangling. I'm constantly tempted to chop it off because of it and wait for the next set of 7-year hair to kick in ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...