Friday, April 19, 2013

What I Would Wear to Prom Today


Is it prom season yet?

I loved getting dressed up for school dances growing up. It wasn't about anything else but picking out a dress to wear and getting all dolled up for the night. I remember going to the dress shops at the mall and never really liking anything there. Teenagers - has it gotten any better?

Thankfully my grandmother is one of the best seamstresses around and she offered to make my prom dress for me. I picked out a dress from a magazine (Louis Vuitton Fall 2004 look) and she made me an almost exact replica.

If I were going to prom today, I'd ask my grandma to make me this Marc Jacobs resort 2013 dress. I'd stick a ban.do heart on the collar and style my hair in a textured ponytail with a Crystalline hair tie. You have to do something special with your makeup for prom so I'd probably add a dark lipstick like Enamor by Covergirl.

Get a textured ponytail by curling all your hair with a 1" curling iron (and lots of hairspray), run your fingers through the curls to break them up and tie in a low pony. Easy enough for a boy-crazy 17 year old.

5 comments:

casper+pearl said...

in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
casper&pearl blog
xx

Zombie Lace said...

If I could do prom all over again, I would look totally different! How cool that your grandmother can make you dresses like these :)

Courtenay Girard said...

My grandmother could always make me anything too...

Such a cute look! I would also do my prom dress over. I imagine it’s a universal sentiment 10+ years later.

Becca said...

Haha. I had no idea what Louis Vuitton even was when I was in high school. You are more sophisticated than I.

I totally went with the trends for prom—lame. I think back and wish I would have done something more red-carpet and classy, but alas. What's done cannot be undone—long white gloves from prom my sophomore year and all.

Girl Zine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...