Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Your First Grey Hairs


I love grey hair. In fact, my blue hair has faded to an awesome blue-ish grey tone, and I like it even more than the blue! I wish I naturally had a full head of beautiful silver hair like Carmen dell'Orefice or Kristen McMenamy. If you're not like me and dread the moment you get your first grey hair then here's my biggest piece of advice to you: DON'T PLUCK OUT YOUR GREYS.

I know it's tempting because you don't want them there but grey hair is slightly more coarse than your normal hair and plucking it doesn't mean it'll be gone forever. Instead it's going to grow back and those stubborn greys are going to stick straight out of your head making them more noticeable and unmanageable. Just let them be (I assure you nobody else notices them until you're at least 10% grey) and if they bug you that much, then it's time to start visiting your hair colorist. Or be like Carmen and other beautiful silver-haired women and embrace it. :)

Carmen dell'Orefice photographed by Paul Rowland for V Magazine

8 comments:

Becca said...

Ugh. I have totally plucked my greys.

Jeane said...

Me too. They stick straight up now, though i have used henna to cover them for now. I love my natural hair color - a very dark blonde with some red, so it will be a very hard color to replicate with dye. I also don't like hair dye, as it is damaging.

Lindsay said...

I have always respected women with beautiful white grey hair, and can't wait to have it myself! Although it's so tempting to pluck the greys as they come in, I know that one day I hope to look just like Carmen :)

Lost In Cheeseland said...

I'm so guilty of plucking mine! They always come back, that's for sure. But it's always my husband who spots them, they're always out of my view!

Nadia said...

I recently noticed one when I part mine down the middle. Didn't pull.

... said...

hi! What thickness of a curling iron would you recommend if i want to do 40s waves? I'm thinking about buying Babyliss.
xo
Ola

(sorry for my English, I'm still learning)

Nikolay Argirov said...

Learn how to grow hair faster in http://www.the-healthiest.com/archives/294

Jessie Artigue said...

I stopped coloring my hair about 3 years ago, and after recently spotting at least a few dozen grays around my face (!) have been trying to resist the urge to pluck them out! The last thing I want are little antennae sticking straight up, so I'll try and leave them and hope they blend in with the highlights that the sun will leave this summer. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...