Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Conditioner is Your Friend

Will everyone start using conditioner already? I know you have fine hair, I know you have oily hair, I know you have a moisturizing shampoo, and don't tell me you use a two-in-one shampoo/conditioner. We all need conditioner!

Shampoo uses molecules that love oil and dirt to wash your hair. Warm water opens up your hair strands so those molecules can go inside and grab all the grimey stuff you want to wash out and then they swim off into the sunset with water again, taking the dirt and oil with them. After that, you're left with super-clean hair and slightly-open hair strands. Now, if you're like me and love a hot shower then your hair strands are a little more than slightly open. This is a perfect opportunity for you to add some vitamins to your hair (most shampoos do this too but a conditioner will make sure the vitamins are really absorbed into your hair).

Conditioners will nourish your hair and seal your strands back up so all the good stuff is trapped inside until your next wash. This preps your hair for everything it'll go through after your shower. Like that gnarly towel wrap you like to do, or the blow-dryer, curling iron, and/or flat iron you insist on using everyday. If you don't do any of that, then you've still got pollution and your crazy sleeping habits that create that daily dread at the nape of your neck. Just face it, you can use conditioner and there is a conditioner out there for everyone.

1. All natural (and gluten-free!) - Rahua Conditioner
2. Dry or Damaged - Sachajuan Intensive Hair Repair
3. Color Treated - Christophe Robin Antioxidant Conditioner
4. Fine - Viviscal Moisturizing Conditioner
5. Oily - Klorane Leave-In Spray
6. Curls - Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme

6 comments:

Josephine Leung said...

Thanks for this reminder for lazy girls like me to add conditioner back into their beauty rotation. I have super thick, dark hair. What kind of conditioner would you suggest?

Sarah Kyle said...

I always condition religiously, but thanks for sharing. I've tried the Klorane leave in stuff and liked it. My problem is, when I run out, I never go back to get more :/ and then I forget all about it.

Valentina Novo said...

I love the Rahua conditioner (I'm trying to switch to natural and organic products), but it has a really weird smell

LMT said...

I love this post. I was thinking of conditioner and you just today! No kidding. You answered one of my questions here but also, what about cheap conditioners that leave your hair waxy... Is the answer just not to use them? What are more good brands that are easy to find say, in the grocery stores in the US?

rubi said...

Josephine,

I would use the Rahua or Sachajuan conditioners for your hair.

LMT,

Throw waxy conditioners away! They're just putting a layer of film on your hair that makes it feel healthy. I'm sorry but I have yet to find a conditioner that I like from a grocery store.

Karo said...

thank you for the tips and the info, for now I'm using pro naturals moroccan argan oil hair conditioner which keeps my hair soft, moisturized, shiny, frizz less and healthy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...