Friday, May 3, 2013

Currently Obsessed with...Coconut Oil

I was first introduced to coconut oil as a hair product while traveling in India. I bought a bottle there but I don't think it was pure oil because it smelled terrible. Fast-forward to a couple of months ago when I was staying with a friend in New York and she was on a coconut oil kick! She used it on her hair, skin, and practically every single meal she prepared.

Well guys, now I'm her and I am putting coconut oil on everything, especially my hair. I have really thick curly hair that can get unruly fast if I'm not using the right hair products. Coconut oil is the only product I've been using lately. Here is how:

Thick, frizz-prone hair: I apply a nickle-sized amount of coconut oil on towel-dried hair - starting with the ends, working my way up to the roots and letting it air dry.
Fine hair: Same as above but with a much smaller amount of oil. A little goes a long way.
After a blow out on all hair types: Work a tiny amount in your hands and apply it to your ends to give them a little definition and shine.

Buy coconut oil here. <---this link is for two jars because you'll need one for your kitchen and one for your bathroom!

9 comments:

Olga Galchenko said...

Mmm. I use coconut oil in the kitchen, especially deb's coconut muffins (yum!).

Isn't coconut oil solid at room temperature though? Do you warm up a little chunk in your hands and then distribute it through your hair?

Böses Goer said...

I love coconut oil for my natural curly hair. It really hydrates and smoothes it.

Coconut oil is solid by under 25°celsius, i just warm it up in my hands :)

kayleen said...

One of my coworkers does oil-pulling with coconut oil. She takes a bit in her mouth & swishes with it, it is said to help your gums & overall oral hygiene.

jo said...

sold. It's on its way

Rosengris said...

I've been using cooconut oil on my hair and body for a while now, really great for both. Especially now I'm moving away from nasty chemicals such as SLS, silicone etc. My friend has commented on how much healthier my hair ends look ;)
PS: next time you make hot chocolate, add a tiny amount of coconut oil to it, really gives it depth and creaminess, yum

Louisa said...

I love coconut oil too. It is works miracles on my hair. Happy to have found your blog! I don't think my hair could have grown up to my bun without it!
Love, Louisa.

www.growbeyondyourlimits.blogspot.de

Courtenay Girard said...

Definitely buy two! I once found a grain of rice in the one I use for hair/face/body.

kim kat sam said...

Yasss! One of our bloggers swears by coconut oil. She uses it in her hair once a week and as a body lotion. It is also good for dark circles! :)


www.thirteenthandhudson.com

jendar said...

so as you may or may not know, I work at Trader Joe's and one of my co-workers told me a while ago how she uses the coconut oil on her hair. I have been super skeptical but after reading this blog I am buying the oil tomorrow while at work. can't wait to try it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...