Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cut it for long, thick waves

This haircut is for women with hair like mine. Someone with long, thick, wavy hair who doesn't like having a lot of layers in it. If you like having thick hair but don't want it to be overwhelming then you should ask your hairstylist for long, blended layers but to keep the perimeter ends blunt so the waves coil together. Don't get any crazy face-framing except for a long bang that is cut to reach below your lips. And the whole thing needs to be versatile, so you can wear your part down the middle or to either side.

graphics designed by Becca Clason for She Lets Her Hair Down  

10 comments:

sharon said...

is it possible to have to same cut for fine straight hair?

Emily said...

Same question as Sharon ^

This is basically my dream cut but I have long straight thin hair.

rubi said...

sharon and emily,

yes you can still get this haircut but it will not look like this because you don't have the same texture. you need a cut that is for fine straight hair. you should check out other "cut it?" posts for fine hair suggestions.

Deepa said...

Great advice! My hair is exactly this length and texture. I've had short bangs for ages and I've been wanting to change it up a bit. This is perfect!

monalogs said...

Thank you, thank you! Did I mention thank you? I'm so printing this.

sonjelita said...

what face shapes does this look best on?

agustina said...

Thank you! I have this type of hair and I'm planning to go to Paris in the next months (I live in Germany) is it possible to have a haircut by you? Could you recommend some products to style this look?

rubi said...

Hi Agustina,

Email me! I'd love to cut your hair when you come to Paris.

eaweiss said...

Took these instructions to a new stylist in New York yesterday and while her blowout wasn't great, when I styled it this morning the cut was a total success! Thank you, thank you thank you.

Cassidie Clayton said...

Could I do this with my hair cut an inch or so below my shoulders? I have the right texture and everything.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...