Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Aquabiking, Running and P90X Hair


I've been trying to work out lately. It all started when I bought running shorts from Oysho and decided to try out aquabiking in Paris on a total whim. Motivating myself to do it is always hard but I always feel great afterwards. Trying to figure out what to do with my hair has helped me relate to all my clients who used to complain about their hair when they worked out.

My aquabiking hair usually consists of braids. In case you haven't heard of aquabiking, it's basically spin class but the bikes and half your body are in a pool. I braid my hair to make sure it doesn't get wet and is completely off my face. The plus side of braids is that I can just take them out after class and my hair will have soft waves.

My P90X hair (yes, I got on the P90X bandwagon) is a simple messy bun. I do this workout at home so I don't care how I look and a high bun is better because it doesn't get in the way when I'm doing ab workouts.

Running. Running is hard in Paris. I have seen more runners lately but it'd be much easier if I lived closer to a park like Buttes Chaumont. That place is running central! I usually put my hair in a low ponytail when I run.

How do you exercise? What are your workout hairstyles? Does your workout hair change depending on your workout?

12 comments:

AL MacD said...

I can't STAND feeling my ponytail swish when I run, so it's always a high bun for me!

Kelly Rae said...

I do a bit of yoga, walking and light weight training at home. It's pretty standard high bun for me for all of them.

I had never heard of p90x. I like the idea of workout videos but I hate the idea of having to buy equipment....

Darcy Viola said...

Love the braid! It is really pretty. Braids are my go to for Hot Yoga. I usually braid to the top of my head and keep it off of my neck so it doesn't turn into a sweaty mess. I love the soft waves I get to rock after too. For runs I usually stick to a pony. Fun post!
-Darcy

http://trailofgoldglitter.blogspot.com/

samantha hahn said...

pony.

Louise said...

High pony or a topknot, for sure. I have no idea how to keep my bangs out the way though. Not without creating kinks or having them defy gravity from being pinned back! Help?

jo said...

i also can't run with a swinging ponytail. Low bun for runs...high bun for yoga.

head washers anonymous said...

I have short hair, so a fabric headband does the job

Empirebees said...

Always a high pony for me!
I recently started working out more often, What can I do so I don't wash my hair once(sometimes twice, eek) a day without feeling gross??

rubi said...

i love it when my ponytail swishes!

empirebees,
you should try just rinsing it instead of washing it after a workout. that should do the trick without drying your hair out. you can also try just washing your hairline.

Anna said...

When I did field hockey in high school, I always ran with a high braided ponytail. Strangely enough, I NEED the momentum of a ponytail to keep me moving forward. It's like a propeller.

Now I do Bar Method and it's all about keeping my hair up in a topknot until I can let it down and revel in the waviness.

Kathleen Shannon said...

I have dreadlocks so work out hair can be a challenge! For P90X plyo or high intensity circuit training I have to knot it in a nest around the crown / back of my head to keep it from bouncing around on my head too much.

For cycling or yoga I wear it in a big top knot on top of my head. For barre / pilates I can knot it into a french braid.

rubi said...

Anna,

I love that you "NEED the momentum of a ponytail"!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...