Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pact to Prevent Knots


Knots are the worst. I don't know anyone whose hair doesn't knot in the back once it's past collarbone length. Mine always does and although I'm sometimes lazy and don't do this, braiding it in a loose braid overnight is the way to go. I propose we all make a pact to braid our hair overnight so it doesn't knot and eventually break off at the nape of our necks. If you're a crazy sleeper maybe you should braid it and then wrap it in a silk scarf too. You'll look so cute!

It can also help to put a little oil on your hair before braiding so it's extra soft. Right now, I'm obsessing over Nuxe huile prodigieuse. I love that stuff in the summer. You literally need like 3 drops of it for it to work it's magic. Are you going to join the braiding pact so we don't end up with hair like the model in the photo above? Although that entire image is pretty rad isn't it?

5 comments:

leah. said...

my parents used to braid my hair every night to prevent knots. now that my hair is long-ish i think i really need to make this a nightly routine.

anne taylor said...

I was just thinking about braiding my hair each night. This morning, I had the worst knots. I feel like my hair is getting more broken more quickly now that it's getting longer. And I'll definitely try adding some argan oil in.

nothing cutesy said...

I'm not alone! And here I was thinking I was some kind of one-dreadlocked freak...

Now I know how to stop it knotting overnight, how do I stop it during the day? I always end up with it knotting in the back by the end of the day, especially if I've curled my hair (at which point it's just a nightmare back there!). My friend the Tangle Teezer is my only hope at the moment!

Böses Goer said...

I always braid my hair over night. Its just so much easier this way, I dont lie on my hair etc.
And on top of that I have nice waves the next day :-))

Kristen said...

good plan. I'll do that as my hair gets longer. I love looking at your blog, it's a great mental break to see something beautiful. I also might try aquabiking sometime, that sounds like a lot of fun. You should try the nike fit ap on phones or ipads, I really love it, it's kind of p90x ish, but it's a good workout and kind of a girly cross fit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...